Congratulations you two!!
I was thrilled when Shana and Christian contacted me to take some post wedding portraits. We met at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for a few hours late in the afternoon, the weather was beyond perfect, it really could not have been better. Perfectly sunny and breezy, which is good since Christian was walking around in full dress uniform!
It only took a few minutes in their company to know they are truly and completely in love with each other. Since they both have extremely busy schedules their time together is precious, it was obvious they were just happy to be spending time together and they kept each other laughing the whole session.
Congratulations you too! I hope you have a long and happy marriage!
I recruited Luke as a test model, I think he did a fantastic job! :)
Welcome to 2012, a new year, a year full of fresh possibilities. I’ve recently read and heard so much about New Years Resolutions, changes people are hoping to make, different approaches and different plans to help each person stick with or remember the goals they have set. Well, I know myself pretty well and if I try to stick with anything for a year I will either forget or give up. Ok, I will probably forget until about halfway through August I will recall said resolutions, realize I have lost my focus or fallen short and then give up. Who wants to spend the last third of the year resolving to do something thats now almost impossible to accomplish. I don’t want to “resolve” to do anything, I want to enjoy making better decisions in my life and enjoy seeing a positive outcome in my daily life.
So, here are some simple things I plan to focus on, small simple ways I am “resolving” to change, small things I believe will improve my daily life. I plan to focus on these things from now until my birthday, April 19th. At that time I will reassess and see if there are other things that I could or should focus on for the rest of the year.
“The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Resolutions, if you will.
- Be thankful, way more thankful! I recently saw a quote on Pinterest that said – “What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?” and all I could think was OUCH! I am so blessed, so extremely blessed. I have everything I “need” and I have so many luxuries, So many people that love me, so many people I love. I have an amazing family, a good job, I have a passion that I am blessed to pursue, I have good health, and most of all a gracious, merciful Savior and his mercies are new every morning – how great is that?!? So, I am resolving to be more grateful and thankful for everything in my life, especially for those things that are so easy to overlook until they are taken away from you or someone close to you.
- Find the magic in daily life by taking the time to see the things and the moments I normally over look because I am too busy.
- Use my emotional energy wisely, I don’t want to waste emotional energy on something that isn’t important. I feel ridiculous even admitting this but its true. I find myself worrying about others immature or inconsiderate actions whens its not even something I have the power to change. I also worry way too much about what other people are thinking of me, when in reality I should only be worried about the opinions of the people closest to me, the people who really know and love me.
- Do something creative 2-3 times a week, even if its only for a few minutes. Try a new recipe, sew something, knit, crochet, paint, redecorate etc.
- Do small things to remind my loved ones how much I care about them.
So what are your resolutions?
I wish you all a blessed and happy 2012!